Allergy Alert Issued in Select North Atlantic Whole Foods Market Stores for Undeclared Almond Flour in Cheesecake Bars
Nine Whole Foods Market stores in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island are voluntarily recalling cheesecake bars because the product potentially contained a tree nut allergen (almond flour) that was not listed on the product label. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to almonds run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reactions if they consume these products.
All affected products have been removed from store shelves. The cheesecake bars were sold in clear plastic packages and can be identified by the PLU number 240801. The products were sold between May 2017 and January 12, 2018. The issue was discovered by Whole Foods Market after the incorrect product was shipped by the supplier to the distributor. No reactions have been reported to date.
The cheesecake bars were sold in the following locations in the North Atlantic region:
- 55 Welles St, Glastonbury, CT
- 40 Railroad St, Andover, MA
- 808 Massachusetts Avenue, Arlington, MA
- 200 Alewife Brook Parkway, Cambridge, MA
- 340 River St, Cambridge, MA
- 327 Russell St, Hadley, MA
- 990 Iyannough Rd, Hyannis, MA
- 536 Boston Post Rd, Sudbury, MA
- 151 Sockanosset Cross Rd, Cranston, RI
Customers who purchased these products at Whole Foods Market can bring a valid receipt into stores for a full refund.
Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. CST
Saturday-Sunday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CST