FAACT's Roundtable PodcastBack to Category View
In this episode, nationally certified school nurse, Robin Cogan, MEd, RN, NCSN, whose commentary has been featured on CNN and the New York Times, and FAACT's General Council and Vice President of Civil Rights Advocacy, Amelia G. Smith, JD, discuss concerns, possible solutions and the rights of parents/caregivers of children with food allergies and/or asthma as parents tackle Back-To-School options.
To keep you in the know, here are some helpful links:
Special Note: Please reach out to Amelia.Smith@FoodAllergyAwareness.org directly if you are experiencing challenges regarding 504 accommodations or receiving meals, which are no longer safe and appropriate for your student.
- CNN LIVE - Coronavirus Crisis - featuring Robin Cogan, MEd, RN, NCSN
- How to Reopen Schools: What Other Countries Teach Us - New York Times
- AASA The School Superintendents Association: FAACT's Guest Blog on COVID-19 and Students with Food Allergies
- Civil Rights Advocacy: Responding to the CDC's Interim Guidance and Meals in the Classroom - Podcast
- FAACT's Position Statement and Letter to the CDC regarding CDC's Interim Guidance and Meals in the Classroom
- CDC's Interim Guidance for Administrators of US K-12 Schools and Child Care Programs
- CDC's Childcare, Schools, and Youth Programs
- Secretary DeVos' press release regarding individualized education for all students, including those with disabilities
- Keep up-to-date by visiting FAACT's Civil Rights Advocacy web page
Please subscribe, share and review our podcasts!