FAACT's Roundtable PodcastBack to Category View
In this episode, we sit down with board-certified allergist and FAACT Medical Advisory Board Member, Jonathan Spergel, MD, Ph.D., Chief of Allergy Section and Co-director, Center for Pediatric Eosinophilic Disorders at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), to discuss steps parents and caregivers can take to prevent children from developing a food allergy. In addition, Dr. Spergel shares tips for managing food allergies and discusses the Food Allergy Bravery (FAB) Clinic and the Scales of Food Allergy Anxiety (SOFAA) Tool at CHOP.
To keep you in the know, here are a few links to topics mentioned in the podcast:
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), Division of Allergy and Immunology
- CHOP's Pediatric Center for Eosinophilic Disorders
- CHOPS's Food Allergy Bravery Clinic and Scales of Food Allergy Anxiety (SOFAA) Tool
- The SOFAA Tool - Four Versions
- The SOFAAs may be used to screen children at risk for excessive food allergy-related anxiety, guide behavioral health interventions in this population, aid mental health providers in the efficient construction of exposure hierarchies, and establish a severity threshold for eligibility and evaluated outcome in a clinical trial. Free and downloadable.
Sponsored by: American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
* Please note that today's guest was not sponsored by ACAAI or compensated in any way by the sponsor to participate in this specific podcast.