FAACT's Roundtable PodcastBack to Category View
In this episode, we get down to the basics to help you get ready for a great return to school! We sit down with FAACT’s General Counsel and Vice President of Civil Rights Advocacy, Amelia Smith, JD, to help us dust off our accommodations skills and to re-visit the basics for success.
To keep you in the know, here are some helpful links:
Special Note: Please contact Amelia.Smith@FoodAllergyAwareness.org directly if you are experiencing challenges regarding 504 accommodations or receiving meals, which are no longer safe and appropriate for your student.
- FAACT's Civil Rights Advocacy Resource Center | American with Disabilities Act
- FAACT's Sample Parental Referral Letter
- FAACT's Sample Accommodations for 504/IEP/IHP
- FAACT's Find a Support Group Near You
- AASA The School Superintendents Association: FAACT's Guest Blog on COVID-19 and Students with Food Allergies
- FAACT's Podcast Ep. 26: COVID-19 Back-To-School Must Knows - Featuring Amelia Smith, JD.
- FAACT's Podcast Ep. 12: Civil Rights Advocacy - Responding to the CDC's Interim Guidance and Meals in the Classroom - Featuring Amelia Smith, JD
- FAACT's Position Statement and Letter to the CDC regarding CDC's Interim Guidance and Meals in the Classroom
Sponsored by: Aimmune Therapeutics