FAACT's Global Teal Love Shines Bright: Food Allergy Summit 2021
FAACT’s Teal Love Shines Bright: Food Allergy Summit is for parents, caregivers, adults with food allergies, school nurses, and more!
Join us virtually on September 18, 2021 from 10am – 5:30pm EST (with a break from 1p-1:30p EST).
Even though the COVID-19 pandemic has left us tackling new challenges, living with food allergies and the issues we face do not change. The upcoming 21-22 school year has left many bewildered as to what may lay ahead. To help you tackle this unprecedented year, FAACT will host an information packed Summit focused on what’s important to you. We want to help you stay up-to-date regarding food allergy research and treatments, mental health tips and resources, civil rights advocacy in schools, connecting with your community, and more.
Registration Fee: $50. Deadline to register is September 15.
Registration payments must be made in full online at time of registration. Please go to FAACT's Donate page. Click on "Other" and enter $50, and enter "Teal Love Summit " in the "Reason" box. All payments online are secure through our PayPal account.
Click here to register for the Summit, and we will "see" you in September!
FAACT's Teal Love Food Allergy Summit Agenda
10:00am - 10:30am: FAACT Welcome & Overview
- Eleanor Garrow-Holding, FAACT President & CEO
10:30am - 11:30am: The Latest in Food Allergy Research and Quality of Life
- S. Shahzad Mustafa, MD, FAACT Medical Advisory Board Chair and Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine and Clerkship Director, Allergy & Clinical Immunology for University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY
11:30am - 12:00pm: Finding Your Food Allergy Voice
- Caroline Moassessi, FAACT’s Vice President of Consumer Relations
12:00pm - 12:30pm: Creating Connections through Social Media and Education
- Kristin Osborne, FAACT’s Vice President of Education
12:30pm - 1:00pm: Traveling with Food Allergies
- Kyle Dine, Founder of Equal Eats
1:00pm - 1:30pm: Break
1:30pm - 2:00pm: How to Navigate Food Allergy Fatigue
- Kristin Osborne, FAACT’s Vice President, Education
2:00pm - 2:45pm: Exploring the Nutritional Diet of Patients with Food Allergies and EoE
- Alison Cassin, MS, RD, LD, FAACT Medical Advisory Board Member and Cincinnati Center for Eosinophilic Disorders (CCED) at Cincinnati Children's Hospital & Medical Center, Division of Allergy & Immunology
2:45pm - 4:15pm: Civil Rights Advocacy in Schools: Re-entering during COVID-19
- Amelia G. Smith, JD, FAACT’s General Counsel and VP of Civil Rights Advocacy
4:15pm - 5:00pm: Self-care and Mental Health Across A Life Span
- Emery Brown, MA, Ed.S., NCSP, School Psychologist, FAACT’s Director of Behavioral Health Services
5:00pm: Closing Remarks