Save the Date for FAACT's Teen Retreat 2022!
OCTOBER 28-30, 2022
The Hyatt Lodge & Hyatt Lodge Conference Center, Oak Brook, Illinois
FAACT's Celebrity Spokesperson, August Maturo, to join FAACT’s Eighth Annual Teen Retreat, which will be Friday, October 28, through Sunday, October 30, 2022 at The Hyatt Lodge & Conference Center in Oak Brook, Illinois.
The Teen Retreat is all about tweens, teens, and college students, their siblings, and their parents. The weekend offers an informative program full of fun activities. Teens will learn about managing their food allergies and, more importantly, spend time with peers who have food allergies (and siblings who do not). Siblings are also affected when a family member has food allergies. Our Teen Retreat is a safe place for them to discuss their concerns with a group who not only understands but can share their own experiences, advice, and solutions.
Schedules will be available by Summer 2022!
Registration Fees Per Person
*NOTE: Registration fees include the following:
- Entrance to FAACT's Teen Retreat.
- Socials on Friday evening after the Welcome Ceremony
- Parent Meet & Greet
- Teen Social
- Catered lunch on Saturday (allergen-friendly menu planned with catering staff).
- Teen and Parent Lunches are free from the Top-9 plus gluten-free and seed-free.
- All allergies will be accommodated.
- After lunch on Saturday, the Teens will spend the afternoon at 'Escape The Room' at Oak Brook Centre for a team building activity.
- Coffee/soda/juice/water beverage bar throughout the weekend.
- Socials on Saturday evening
- Parent Social
- Teen Social/Dance Party
- FAACT gifts for all attendees, including sweatshirts for the teens.
|Early Bird Registration Fees through July 31:||Registration Fees August 1 - October 14:|
NOTE: Teens (ages 11-17) must be accompanied by a parent and/or legal guardian who also attends the Teen Retreat weekend. If 18 and still a senior in high school, he/she must also be accompanied by a parent and/or legal guardian who attends the Teen Retreat weekend. If 18+ and in college, he/she may attend the Teen Retreat weekend on his/her own, but parents and/or legal guardians are still preferred to attend.
Teen Retreat Tentative Timeline
Thursday: Arrive and check into the hotel (if traveling).
Friday, 10a-3p: Day activity for all attendees. We use the hotel shuttle over to Oak Brook Shopping Centre. Teens socialize and shop (with Teen Leader chaperones). Parents go for coffee and socialize. We meet up for a group lunch in a reserved area at Maggiano's Little Italy (each family pays for their own bill). We had about 75 of the attendees join us last Fall, and it was a fun, successful day.
Friday evening, 7p-10:30p: Welcome Ceremony, then the Parents' Meet & Greet and Teen Social.
Saturday, 9a-4p: Separate parent and teen sessions.
- After lunch, the TEENS will spend the afternoon with the Teen Leaders at 'Escape The Room' at Oak Brook Shopping Centre for some fun team building and return by 4pm to meet their parents.
Saturday, 4p-7:30p: Break for dinner.
Saturday evening, 7:30p-9:30p: Parent Social and Teen Social/Dance Party.
Sunday, 9a-1p: Separate parent and teen sessions, then we end in a joint session.
Registration will open April 2021!
Deadline to Register is Friday, October 22, 2021.
The Hyatt Lodge & Hyatt Lodge Conference Center
2815 Jorie Blvd.
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Hotel Nightly Rate: $159.00/night plus 9% tax - Total: $173.31/night
Rooms: 2 Queen Beds, Mini Refrigerator, Patio/Balcony, Free Wi-Fi
Check-in: 3:00pm | Check-out: 12:00pm
Online Reservation Link: Will be available by January 2022
Reservation cut-off date: September 30, 2022
For sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities, please contact Eleanor Garrow-Holding.
Want to see what a great time we had in 2019? Check out our YouTube slide show!