DEI Resource Center
Activities & DownloadsBack to Category View
My Diversity Matters Too
When was the last time you thought about yourself from a diversity perspective? Did you know when you embrace DEI personally, you increase the chances that you reduce your own unconscious bias towards others? Consider your own dimensions of diversity and then answer the questions below. Check each one off when finished. Have fun!
Discover Your Personal Dimensions of Diversity to Promote Inclusion
- What age group and generation do you and your family members fall into?
- Baby Boomers (1946-1964)
- Generation X (1965-1980)
- Generation Y/Millennials (1981-1996)
- Generation Z (1997-2012)
- Generation Alpha (2013-2025)
- What is your ethnicity?
- Do you identify with a gender? If so what gender?
- Do you identify non-binary?
- What are some of your physical/mental qualities or abilities?
- What is your race?
- What is your orientation?
Things to Consider
- As you think about your personal dimensions, think about your views on each one.
- If any of the areas above bother you, challenge yourself to seek out why and find new ways to embrace them.
- Think about the first time you considered your own race and what makes you proud of being who you are.
- Think about the first time you considered your own gender. Name 3 terrific things about your gender.
- If you are non-binary, think about when you realized were non-binary. Name 3 terrific things about being non-binary.
- What are some ethnic traits you are proud of?
- What are some racial traits you are proud of?
- Consider your orientation. Was there ever an “aha” moment when you realized your orientation? Name 3 celebrities that share your orientation and some qualities about them you like.
Download FAACT's My Diversity Matters Too activity.