DEI Resource Center
Activities & DownloadsBack to Category View
Around the World in a Day
Use these flashcards to find out information or fun facts about different countries. In the United States, we have people from all over the world because our country is called a melting pot. When you learn about people from other countries, it helps you understand people may bring some of their cultural traditions to the U.S. We can learn about these and embrace all the unique things about one another.
Answer these questions:
- What is the native language of the country?
- What does the flag of the country look like?
- What is the population of the country?
- Take a moment to look up the healthcare system in some of the countries below. What type of healthcare do they offer their citizens? Is it Universal Healthcare, private pay healthcare? How is it different from the United States?
- What is the culture of the country like? You can also pick a state or territory within the country instead.
- What information can you find out about food allergies for each country?
- What can you find out about the type of money used in each country?
- What types of school systems does each country have?
- Which countries have heritage celebrations like the U.S. (Black History Month, Hispanic Heritage, Pride)
- What exports is each country famous for?
- Look up the ethnic population for one country below. How does it compare to the U.S.?
- Pick a country and find out what the food labeling guidelines are for that country.
- Pick a country and then a territory or state and research cultural habits or traditions.
- What are the predominant types of schools in the countries below? You can break them down into states/territories as well if it is easier.
- Pick a state or territory in a country below. Find out if epinephrine is available and/or required in schools, restaurants, or other establishments.
DON’T FORGET TO USE THE FLASH CARDS
Download FAACT's Around the World in a Day Activity and Flash Cards.