2024 Registration & Schedules for Teens and Parents/Caregivers
We look forward to seeing many of you in Oak Brook, Illinois for FAACT's Ninth Annual Teen Retreat. We have a full-packed weekend planned for the teens, siblings, and parents/caregivers. You definitely don't want to miss this weekend to meet others who live the same lives and share the same experiences as you and your family.
The Teen Retreat will be full of hands-on and interactive sessions, and there is plenty of fun to be had for all!
* The Friday & Saturday Nights Teen Socials will consist of games, dance, music, karaoke, and more!
* We have a full schedule for the parent/cargiver sessions as well, hearing from leading experts and advocates, and conducting interactive sessions. There will be a Parent/Caregiver Meet & Greet on Friday evening and Social on Saturday evening while the teens are enjoying their social events.
Registration opens January 1, 2024.
Registration Fees Per Person
*Registration fees include the following:
- Entrance to FAACT's Teen Retreat
- Friday Day trip to Chicago's Navy Pier and Magnificent Mile for shopping and seeing the sights via a Shuttle Bus
- Socials on Friday evening after the Welcome Ceremony: separte for Teens and Parents/Caregivers
- Catered lunch on Saturday (allergen-friendly menu planned with catering staff).
- Teen and Parent/Caregiver Lunches are free from the Top-9 plus gluten-free and seed-free.
- All allergies will be accommodated.
- After lunch on Saturday, the Teens and Parents/Caregivers will spend the afternoon at 'Escape The Room' at Oak Brook Centre for a team building activity. (Escape the Room fees and Charter Bus fees included in registration fees).
- Coffee/soda/juice/water beverages throughout the weekend.
- Socials on Saturday evening: separate for Teens and Parents/Caregivers
- FAACT gifts for all attendees, including sweatshirts for the teens.
|Registration through July 5:|
NOTE: Pre-teens and Teens (ages 11-17) must be accompanied by a parent/caregiver and/or legal guardian who also attends the Teen Retreat weekend. If 18 and still a senior in high school, teens must be accompanied by a parent/caregiver and/or legal guardian who attends the Teen Retreat weekend. If 18+ and in college, teens may attend the Teen Retreat weekend on their own, but parents/caregivers and/or legal guardians are still preferred to attend.
Deadline to Register is July 5, 2024!
Teen Retreat Weekend Timeline
|Wednesday/Thursday:||Arrive / Check-in to hotel|
|Thursday, July 18:||1:00pm-7:00pm (Optional): Afternoon activity for all attendees. We use the hotel shuttle to/from the hotel and/or drive/uber cars over to Oak Brook Shopping Centre. Teens socialize and shop (with Teen Leader chaperones). Parents/Caregivers go for coffee and socialize. We will meet up for an early group dinner in a reserved area at Maggiano's Little Italy around 4:30pm (each family pays for their own bill). It is always a fun, successful day.
ALL ALLERGIES ARE ACCOMMODATED!
|7:00pm-on: Socialize at the hotel|
|Official Start of the Teen Retreat|
|Friday, July 19:||8:00am (Meet in hotel lobby): Day trip to Chicago's Navy Pier and Magnificent Mile for shopping seeing the sights via a Shuttle Bus (meals are on your own).|
|3:00pm-4:30pm: Shuttle Bus back to Hyatt Lodge|
|4:30pm-6:30pm: Break and dinner with family & friends|
|6:30pm-7:00pm: Check-in at Registration (receive name badges, materials, gifts, & visit Expo booths)|
|7:00pm-8:30pm: Welcome Ceremony|
|8:30pm-10:30pm: Teen Social and Parents/Caregivers Social|
|Saturday, July 20:||9:00am-12:00pm: Separate Teen and Parent/Caregiver sessions|
|12:00pm-1:00pm: Separate Teen and Parent/Caregiver luncheons|
|1:00pm-2:00pm: Separate Teen and Parent/Caregiver sessions|
|2:00pm-4:00pm: Teens and Parents/Caregivers will spend the afternoon at 'Escape The Room' at Oak Brook Shopping Centre for some fun team building (SEPARATE ROOMS).|
|4:00pm-7:30pm: Break, socialize, and dinner with family & friends|
|7:30pm-9:30pm: Teen Social/Dance Party and Parents/Caregivers Social|
|Sunday, July 21:||9:00am-11:30am: Separate Teen and Parent/Caregiver Sessions|
|11:30am-1:00pm: Joint Teen and Parnt/Caregiver session to conclude the weekend|
NOTE: There will be some Teen joint sessions, but then Teen sessions will break out into groups by grades:
- 6th-9th Grades
- 10th-12th Grades
NOTE: If flying, be sure to book flights home on Sunday after 3:30pm CST.
Registration payments must be made in full online at time of registration or by check via mail sent to: FAACT, P.O. Box 511, West Chester, OH 45071.
If paying online, please go to FAACT's Donate page. Click on "Other" and enter the amount of your registration fee, and enter "Teen Retreat" in the "Reason" box. All payments online are secure through our PayPal account. Cancellations prior to June 17, 2024, are eligible for a 100% refund of the registration. After June 17, the deposit will be refunded less $75.
For sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities, please contact Eleanor Garrow-Holding.