FAACT's Fourth Annual Teen Retreat Highlights
FAACT’s Fourth Annual Teen Retreat in Cincinnati was an absolute priceless weekend held October 20-22, 2017 at The Hilton Netherland Plaza! We had 40 teens and 40 parents, representing 12 states - amazing!
“Living the Dream”, Curtis Zimmerman, was a huge hit at the Welcome Ceremony, once again. Teen sessions were led by food allergy advocate, Zac Chelini; FAACT teen ambassador, Kendall Hollinger; and Natascia Simone, Emery Gewirtz and Matt Willins.
Parent sessions were led by Eleanor Garrow-Holding, FAACT President and CEO. A special thank you to our wonderful speakers who presented for both the teens and the parents: Curtis Zimmerman; Ron Meyer; Dori Chelini; Pam Freeman; Linda Menighan; Jill Mindlin; Caroline Moassessi; Zac Chelini; Kendall Hollinger; Emery Gewirtz; Natascia Simone; Matt Willins; Max Forrest; Paul Kramer; Maya Konoff; and Leila Moassessi.
The teens had a night of games and getting to know one another on Friday night while the parents gathered for a Meet and Greet. The Saturday night teen dance party was full of dance, music, and games.
We had many raffles through the weekend provided by a few of our sponsors and FAACT. The lucky winners were:
- Rebecca Lund won one (1) free registration for FAACT’s Camp TAG 2018 in the location of their choice.
- Linda & Caroline Roswog won free registration for two (2) for FAACT’s Teen Conference 2017.
- Renee Payne won the gift basket of products from Enjoy Life Foods.
- Rebecca Lund won the gift basket from Divvies full of yummy treats.
- Wendy Kadushin, Stephanie Lowe, and Renee Payne each won a San Jamar’s Allergen Saf-T-Zone System with cooking mats.
- Kelley Sullivan won a $25 gift certificate from Vermont Nut Free Chocolates.
- Emery Gewirtz, Linda Roswog, and Kelley Sullivan each won a gift bag from Kiss Freely.
The weekend was EDUCATIONAL, EMPOWERING, and INSPIRING! PRICELESS!
Thank you to our sponsors for making our Teen Retreat weekend possible:
National Sponsors: National Peanut Board and Enjoy Life Foods
National Bronze Sponsors: Kaléo and Mylan
National Contributor Sponsors: Nutricia and Surf Sweets
Friends of FAACT Sponsor: Vermont Nut Free Chocolates
Local Silver Sponsor: ZEGO Snacks
Local Bronze Sponsor: Kiss Freely
In-Kind Sponsors: Divvies, PASCHA Chocolates, San Jamar, and SunButter.
Want to see what a great time we all had? Check out our YouTube slide show from the weekend!
Thank you to all of the families who took the time out of your busy schedules and traveled to join us this past weekend. You all made the weekend so special. We cannot wait for next year!