FAACT's Teal Love Shines Bright: Food Allergy Summit 2021
FAACT’s Teal Love Shines Bright: Food Allergy Summit is for parents, caregivers, adults with food allergies, school nurses, and more!
Join us virtually on September 18, 2021 from 10am – 5:30pm EST (with a break from 1p-1:30p EST).
Even though the COVID-19 pandemic has left us with unimaginable situations, living with food allergies and the challenges we face do not change. The upcoming 21-22 school year has left many bewildered as to what may lay ahead. To help you tackle this unprecedented year, FAACT will host one of the most important Summits in its history as we address food allergies during this pandemic. We want to help you stay up-to-date regarding food allergy treatments and research, mental health tips and resources, civil rights advocacy in schools, how to advocate at the state and federal levels, racial and health disparities in the food allergy community, connecting with your community, and more.
We will adjust topics based on the current needs of our constituents.
Registration Fee: $50. Deadline to register is September 15.
Register today, and we will "see" you in September!
- 10:00am - 10:30am: FAACT Welcome, Eleanor Garrow-Holding
- 10:30am - 11:45am: The Latest in Food Allergy Research and Quality of Life, S. Shahzad Mustafa, MD
- 11:45am - 12:30pm: Racial and Health Disparities in the Food Allergy Community, Emily Brown
- 12:30pm - 1:00pm: Community Engagement and How to Get Involved, Caroline Moassessi
- 1:00pm - 1:30pm: Break
- 1:30pm - 2:30pm: How to Advocate at the Local, State, and Federal Levels, Jennifer Jobrack, MA, Public Policy
- 2:30pm - 4:00pm: Civil Rights Advocacy in Schools, Amelia Smith, JD
- 4:00pm - 5:25pm: Mental Health Across A Lifespan, Emery Gewirtz, MA, School Psychology
- 5:25pm - 5:30pm: Closing Remarks
Download Program Agenda here.
FAACT is pleased to work with so many wonderful experts and individuals for our Teal Love Shines Bright: Food Allergy Summit. Presenters are as follows (presenters and topics are subject to change):
- Eleanor Garrow-Holding - FAACT's President & CEO, Ohio
- S. Shahzad Mustafa, MD - FAACT's Medical Advisory Board Chair and Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine and Clerkship Director, Allergy & Clinical Immunology for University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York
- Emily Brown - Food Equality Initiative Founder & CEO, Kansas
- Emery Gewirtz, MA, School Psychology - FAACT's Director of Behavioral Health, New Jersey
- Jennifer Jobrack, MA, Public Policy - The Food Allergy Pros, Illinois
- Caroline Moassessi - FAACT's Director of Community Engagement, Nevada
- Amelia G. Smith, JD - FAACT's Vice President, Civil Rights Advocacy, Mississippi
Other topics and presenters are pending.
Other Presentations Will Be Available for Downloads
- FAACT's Overview and Updates
- FAACT's Accompanying Resources for Above Presentations
- Updates from FAACT's Partners
Additional FAACT Resources Available (free and downloadbale)
- FAACT's Roundtable Podcast
- FAACT's Newly Diagnosed Guide
- FAACT's Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis
- Food Allergy Basics
- Food Allergens
- Signs & Symptoms
- Treatment & Management
- Food Labeling
- Conditions Mistakenly Associated with Food Allergy
- FAACT's Education Resource Center
- Food Allergy Awareness Resources
- Food Allergy Awareness Initiatives
- For Caregivers
- Support Groups
- Dining Out
- Adults with Food Allergies
- Family Activities at Home
- Food Allergies and Schools
- Parents Planning for School
- For School Personnel
- School Curricula Program for Schools
- 'FAACTs for Schools' Staff Education Program
- Colleges and Universities
- FAACT's Behavioral Health Resource Center
- Psychological Impacts
- Navigating A New Diagnosis
- Coping Skills
- Anxiety and Depression
- For Parents
- FAACT's Civil Rights Advocacy Resource Center
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Section 504
- IHP / IHCP Plans
- USDA Guidelines
- Local Resources